Single-Incision Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (SILS)
Through the progress of medical technology and the continuous improvement of surgical techniques, a single incision laparoscopic bariatric procedure has become possible
What is the Single-Incision Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (SILS)?
Through the progress of medical technology and the continuous improvement of surgical techniques, a single incision laparoscopic bariatric procedure has become possible. The single-incision laparoscopic gastric sleeve (SILS) is the latest and least invasive technique in Bariatric Surgery. At Baja Weight Loss we are proud to be one of the first obesity clinics in Mexico implementing this innovative procedure.
How is this procedure different from the others?
The single-incision laparoscopic gastric sleeve (SILS) uses a small cut of approximately 1.5 – 2 cm. through the belly button, while the traditional gastric sleeve uses 4 – 5 small incisions. This bariatric procedure is much less invasive than traditional gastric sleeve and also simpler than gastric bypass (RYGB), the chances of postoperative complications are much lower.
This approach offers many benefits for the patient, such as:
Less recovery time.
Less discomfort or pain.
Quicker return to normal activities.
Duration of the procedure: Between 40 to 60 minutes.
Prices SINGLE INCISION LAPAROSCOPIC GASTRIC SLEEVE (SILS)
The preoperative studies include: Initial consultation, Analysis of studies of previous results, psychological-nutritional-cardiological assessment.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section so you can find out about some of the regular queries that other patients have had regarding the Bariatric Surgery procedures and techniques.
For only USD $ 399 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- Pick up and return to the San Diego or Tijuana airport before and after the bariatric procedure.
- Hotel-hospital-hotel transfers.
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.
All tests and procedures are performed in a specialized area of a certified clinic or hospital (depending on the condition or treatment).