Recent surgical procedure for the management of adult diabetic patients (type 2). And also, it is indicated in those who have morbid obesity.
What is a SASI ?
This new type of bypass was developed in response to the need to solve problems of conventional gastric bypass. It can be considered an evolution of the mini bypass.
In itself, conventional gastric bypass is very effective for:
- Lose excess weight, especially in patients with morbid obesity.
- Correct diseases associated with obesity: diabetes mellitus, hypertension, cholesterol and triglyceride problems.
- Recover the patient’s quality of life.
However, a high price is paid: the patient is dependent on 5 daily medications for the rest of his life: iron, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D and calcium. If the patient does not consume them, he acquires serious deficiency problems.
How is the procedure carried out?
The first step involves the creation of the gastric sleeve, through which about 75% of the stomach is removed.
Then, the surgeon will perform the gastric minibypass, which consists of joining the lower part of the stomach with the lower part of the small intestine, thus, half of the food that is eaten does not pass through the small intestine, reducing the absorption of fats, sugars and calories. Finally, ‘the new stomach’ is connected to the small intestine.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section so you can find out about some of the regular queries that other patients have had regarding the Bariatric Surgery procedures and techniques.
For only USD $ 399 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.
All tests and procedures are performed in a specialized area of a certified clinic or hospital (depending on the condition or treatment).