Mini-gastric bypass is a simplified version of the gastric bypass (RYGB), this procedure produces a weight loss similar to the one that gastric bypass produces.
What is the mini-gastric bypass?
Mini-gastric bypass is a simplified version of the gastric bypass (RYGB), this procedure produces a weight loss similar to the one that gastric bypass produces. However, a significant difference between this surgery and the traditional gastric bypass, is that it is less invasive.
The mini-gastric bypass is a simplified version of the gastric bypass
- It has a lower risk of side effects than the traditional gastric bypass procedure.
- By following all the instructions of the specialist and his multidisciplinary team, the results of this surgery can lead to greater long-term weight loss compared to a different type of bariatric procedures.
- It controls and sometimes corrects a number of conditions and diseases that derive from obesity, such as type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- It offers a minimal percentage of risk of contracting gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Duration of the procedure: Between 30 to 60 minutes.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Visit our frequently asked questions (FAQs) section so that you can learn about some of the doubts that other patients have had regarding the procedures and techniques of Bariatric Surgery.
For only USD $ 399 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.
All tests and procedures are performed in a specialized area of a certified clinic or hospital (depending on the condition or treatment).