What is a Gastric Sleeve?
Sleeve gastrectomy, better known as “Gastric Sleeve” is a procedure in which 85% of the stomach is cut and extracted from the abdomen, this allows the patient to lose weight with 2 different mechanisms: restrictive and hormonal.
Restrictive.Due to the procedure performed on the stomach, you will now have a gastric capacity of between 70-90 ml. This will lead to drastically decreasing the portions that can be eaten and thus initiating a change in the eating habits, which will offer successful long-term results.
Hormonal.When the stomach is extracted, the production of a hormone known as ghrelin, which is responsible for producing appetite, is reduced by 95%; so it reduces the appetite and the anxiety to eat.
How is the procedure carried out?
Gastric sleeve surgery is carried out through general anesthesia and with a minimally invasive approach, resulting in a fast recovery.
Laparoscopic procedures are minimally invasive techniques, this method uses several small incisions, rather than one large incision as in traditional surgery. Fiber optic cameras and specialized instruments are used to perform the procedure through these small incisions. This approach offers many benefits for the patient, such as:
- Less recovery time.
- Less scars.
- Less discomfort or pain.
- Quicker return to normal activities.
Duration of the procedure: Approximately 60 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section so you can find out about some of the regular queries that other patients have had regarding the Bariatric Surgery procedures and techniques.
Surgery plan All Inclusive
For only USD $ 299 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- Pick up and return to the San Diego or Tijuana airport before and after the bariatric procedure.
- Hotel-hospital-hotel transfers.
Alojamiento en Tijuana, B.C. México
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
Personalized attention throughout your stay
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.