What is the gastric balloon?
The gastric balloon, also known as intragastric balloon, is a very effective and simple non-surgical procedure for weight loss, approved by the FDA.
What does it consist of?
It consists of inserting something known as a “balloon” into the pit of the stomach using endoscopy. Once the “balloon” is in place, the surgeon inflates it with a saline solution to fill the space in the stomach. Subsequently, the inflated balloon sits on the stomach and gives a satiated feeling at a certain point once you have started eating food. This is a simple, non-surgical outpatient procedure with a mild sedative, and most patients go home on the same day.
After the procedure, the balloon can stay in place for up to six months. During that time, the specialists involved in the procedure will help the patient develop new eating habits that will allow them to maintain a healthier weight more easily once the balloon is removed.
The extraction process is similar to the placement procedure, the saline solution contained in the intragastric balloon will be emptied and the balloon will be pulled out through the mouth.
The gastric balloon represents a viable option for overweight or obese patients who, for some reason, are not candidates for a surgical procedure.
Duration of the procedure: Between 20 – 30 minutes.
Surgery plan All Inclusive
For only USD $ 299 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- Pick up and return to the San Diego or Tijuana airport before and after the bariatric procedure.
- Hotel-hospital-hotel transfers.
Alojamiento en Tijuana, B.C. México
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
Personalized attention throughout your stay
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.