What is the Duodenal Switch (BPD-DS)?
Duodenal switch surgery, also known as “BPD-DS,” is a weight loss procedure that significantly reduces the size of the stomach while the small intestine tightens.
What does it consist of?
To begin with, about 70% of the total stomach size is surgically removed, resulting in a restrictive food intake as the first component in the weight loss process. This restrictive portion of the duodenal switch creates a new type of “sleeve” in the stomach, just as performed with the gastric sleeve surgery.
An important advantage of this DS procedure is the preservation of the pyloric valve, leaving the bile and pancreatic fluid intact.
Advantages of the BPD-DS
- Offers the highest rates of weight loss within the first year.
- Preserves a stable long-term weight loss.
- A great alternative for those patients with a high Body Mass Index (BMI).
Duration of the procedure: Approximately 130 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section so you can find out about some of the regular queries that other patients have had regarding the Bariatric Surgery procedures and techniques.
Surgery plan All Inclusive
For only USD $ 299 additional to the payment of your bariatric surgery we take care of all the extra details such as:
- Pick up and return to the San Diego or Tijuana airport before and after the bariatric procedure.
- Hotel-hospital-hotel transfers.
Alojamiento en Tijuana, B.C. México
- 2 or 3 nights in our hospital, depending on the type of procedure to be performed.
- 1 night stay in one of the 2 hotels associated with Dr. Rene Armenta for your recovery after surgery.
- Wi-Fi available at all times for your stay in the hospital and hotel.
- US cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms.
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital.
- Includes a companion at no additional charge.
- You can choose between the Pueblo Amigo hotel or the Quartz Hotel
Personalized attention throughout your stay
- Continuous monitoring of your health status at the hospital.
- Availability 24 hours a day by the staff of Dr. Rene Armenta.
- English-speaking interpreter who will assist you when required (for foreign patients).
- Support with nutritional recommendations for life.
- Direct communication with Dr. Rene Armenta (via email and telephone) after surgery for follow-up.
- Access to our private Facebook group for personalized attention and information of interest (constantly updated).
- Pre and post-operative support in psychological care, to ensure the long-term success of your lifestyle changes.