Dr. Rene Armenta
General and Bariatric Surgery
Dr. Rene Armenta is a medical surgeon specialized in General Surgery with advanced studies in Bariatric Surgery, the treatment of metabolic diseases and the practice of minimally invasive techniques through the use of Endoscopy and Laparoscopy. He keeps up-to-date on various topics related to his area of specialty and practice, through active participation in Surgery conferences.
- Medical Surgeon, Centro de Estudios Universitarios de Xochicalco.
- General Surgeon, Hospital General Regional #1, Cd. Obregón, Sonora.
Congresses and Courses
- 2nd. Regional Meeting “AMCE”. [September 27 to September 29, 2018].
- Advanced Endoscopy “AMCE”. [July 19 to July 21, 2018].
- XX International Congress of Metabolic Diseases and Obese Surgery. [July 03 – July 07, 2018].
- XIX International Congress of Metabolic Diseases and Obese Surgery. [June 29 – July 1, 2017].
- MGB/OAGB 1st Course, Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía para la Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas, A.C. (CMCOEM). [December 1 to December 3, 2016].
- 2011 State Congress “Updates on General Surgery”, College Board of General Surgeons. [May 26 to May 28, 2011].
- Laparoscopic Skills, HGR #20, Tijuana, Baja California. [January 8, 2011].
- Surgical Stapling, HGR #20, Tijuana, Baja California. [August, 2010].
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Course, HGR #20, Tijuana, Baja California. [August, 2011].
Professional experience and other achievements
- General Surgeon, IMSS Regional Hospital #20, Tijuana, Baja California.
- General Surgeon, Rosarito General Hospital.
- Chief of Surgery, Mexican Red Cross, Tijuana.
- General Surgeon, IMSS Regional Hospital, Cd. Juárez, Chihuahua.